Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Peanut Butter-Banana-Oatmeal Squares


I've been staring my overly ripe bananas in the face for several days now. Do bananas have a face? Never mind. Today as I wasted valuable time on Pinterest, as I try to do at least a few times a week, I found this recipe. That is how I justify it. By saying things to myself like, "I had to find a way to use those bananas". Gingerbread Bagels posted this recipe and I had to try it out. Well, not me really. I hate cooked bananas! Bananas belong only in fruit dip! My family loves all things banana so I make all kinds of things with bananas, anyhow. After I pulled these babies out of the oven and gave them a few minutes to cool off I cut them up so I could take a picture. The worst thing ever happened. A piece fell off of the knife onto the counter. Without thinking, I picked it up and popped it into my mouth. I instantly realized what I had done and made a terrible face because I just KNEW I was going to hate it. I DON'T hate it! I actually liked it. WHAT? I guess I know what I will be making from over ripe bananas from here on out.
Ingredients:
3 c quick cooking oats
1 c brown sugar
2 t baking powder
1 t salt
2 t vanilla
1 c milk
2 eggs
3 bananas, mashed
1/2 c peanut butter

In a large mixing bowl (or your kitchenaid) combine the first 5 ingredients and mix well. Add in the vanilla, milk and the eggs. You guessed it. More mixing. Next add the bananas and the peanut butter and mix one time. Spread the gooey mess into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350* for 30 minutes. Cut into squares (or bars if you hate squares).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other recipes you should love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Background