Sunday, March 18, 2012

Soft Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies


Adapted from Food Network CA, Anna Olsen

I am not a big fan of baking cookies. (I bet this completely shocked a few of you!) I do like trying out new recipes to see if they might change my mind, however. This recipe is most definitely a keeper.
Most chocolate chip cookie recipes I have come across go completely flat. I spent years trying to find out why I could make nearly anything except chocolate chip cookies. I then realized that if I used margarine instead of butter they would hold their shape. (You will almost NEVER hear me say "use margarine". It's not my style. That is why this recipe makes me so happy. I used butter. Real butter! And they turned out beautiful and they taste fabulous! See! not flat! I did however, substitute milk chocolate chips for the bittersweet chocolate called for in the original recipe.(I personally, almost never bake with anything else.
So, here it is:

Yields 60-75 cookies (I have happy neighbors)
  • 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 T vanilla extract
  • 2 t. Almond Extract
  • 4 cups all purpose flour
  • 4 t cornstarch
  • 2 t baking soda
  • 1 t salt
  • 1 15oz bag milk chocolate chips
Cream together butter and sugars in the love of your life using the paddle attachment (This is what I call my kitchenaid mixer - even my kids say "Hey, what are you and the love of your life making?"). If you don't have one use an electric mixer or prepare for tired arms. Add eggs and extracts. Mix well. Add flour, cornstarch (seriously- this makes all of the difference!), baking soda, and salt. mix until all is well incorporated. Mix in chocolate chips. Drop by cookie scoop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350* for 9-12 minutes. Try to give them away quickly or freeze a bunch of the dough after shaping it. (I drop mine onto a cookie sheet, freeze and then transfer to a freezer bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Other recipes you should love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Background