Though this idea is not new, this recipe is my own. If you take it, please link back to me.
This is a two part recipe, meaning you actually have to make 2 dessert recipes to get one final result. You start by making chocolate chip cookie dough and end by making chocolate cupcakes. The cookie dough recipe is my very own creation while the cake recipe is an adaptation of a few different recipes I have found.
*Note: I personally, LOVE these as minis because they are rich! The recipe below is for full size. If you wish to change this into minis cut tubes into 5 pieces after freezing, top with 1 T. of batter and bake 12-15 minutes.
1 cube butter, softened
1 cube margarine, softened
2 c. Brown Sugar
1 c. White Sugar
1/2 T. vanilla
1 t. Almond extract
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
4 c. flour
1/2 bag milk chocolate chips
2 Hershey's Bliss Chocolate Meltaway Center Candy Bars, chopped small
Whip butter and margarine until light and fluffy. Add brown sugar and white sugar. Mix until fluffy. Add vanilla and almond extracts and eggs. Mix well. Add baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Add flour and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and candy bar chunks.
*This recipe makes about 75-80 cookies. You will need about 18 cookie scoops rolled into cylinder shapes and frozen solid. I placed them in the deep freeze over night. You can either freeze the rest for another day or bake them.
Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 T. Hot Chocolate powder (1 packet hot chocolate mix)
- 1/2 cup hot chocolate (1 packet of hot chocolate mixed into 1 cup hot water)
1. Add flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, hot chocolate powder, and salt in a bowl and mix thoroughly to combine. Add the butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat on medium speed for one minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the hot chocolate. Beat for 20-30 seconds until the batter is smooth. The batter will be thin enough to pour.
Place one tube of frozen cookie dough, vertically, in each cupcake tin (prepared with paper liner). Fill each liner 3/4 full with cake batter. Bake at 325* 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Try not to over bake. Cool completely and frost with cookie dough frosting. See recipe below.
Cookie Dough Frosting:
1 1/2 sticks softened butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
3-4 cups powdered sugar
1-2 tbsp. milk (as needed)
1 tsp. vanilla extract