Sunday, January 8, 2012

Crockpot Hot Chocolate

I have a Pinterest addiction. It's a little crazy. On the bright side I try new recipes a lot these days. My bestie, Emily found this recipe and made it a few times. I seemed to always miss out. She made it for New Years Eve and I was going to grab some while we played games. but we played some wild dice game and it was way too crazy to have a drink on the table. Needless to say, two days later I realized I never got any. Sad day. So last night I made it - thanks to Emily and her ingredients. Did I mention she's the best? It was amazing. The recipe comes from Mrs. Happy Homemaker and she says it's the best, but I wasn't a believer until I tried it myself. She's telling the truth guys. Try it out. You'll see.

1.5 cups Heavy Cream (or more if you're like me)
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 15 oz bag milk chocolate chips
6 cups of whole milk
1 tsp vanilla

Put everything in your crock pot and turn it on low for two hours whisking occasionally. Or do like I did and heat the milk up in the microwave until it's warm and then put it in the crockpot. This took my cook time down to about 45 minutes. When the kids want hot chocolate, they want it now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other recipes you should love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Background